DIY Heart Crayon’s
Did somebody say FEBRUARY?
Thank goodness — January seemed like the longest month ever!
February is one of our FAVORITE art activity months by far! We love spending time together creating personalized gifts for friends and family.
This DIY Valentine is EASY and keeps those little fingers busy for a pretty long time!
DIY Heart Crayons Valentine’s
- Old Crayons or new crayons (ALL colors are great)
- Silicone heart tray
- Pencil Sharpener
- Basket (for crayon shavings)
- Small Clear Party Bags (I used these all the time so it’s good to buy a bunch)
- Ribbon (I also buy ribbon in bulk – you can never have enough ribbon)
- Blank Gift tags like these
- You can use paper too just cut to size and put a hole punch in it!
- Together peel off the paper from the crayons.
- Sharpen all of the crayons to get as much pencil shaving as you can! Let your little sharpen until they are bored! Once they are OVER IT cut up bigger chunks of crayon to have as fillers!
- Next, Sprinkle the crayons into the silicone heart tray! If the crayon shaving does not fill in the tray place those extra chunks inside!
- Microwave for a minute or until all is melted! Let it cool and then pop them out! Easy Peasy!
- Now its time to put it ALL together! Place the hearts in a clear gift bag, tie a ribbon around it and put a personalized gift tag on!
There you have it! DIY Valentines!
I hope you enjoy these simple Valentine’s as much as we did!