DIY Traveling Art Kit
Who else has anxiety when traveling with their little ones?
And by travel, I mean force them to sit in a car seat or stroller for longer than 5 minutes at a time.
I know I get frustrated quickly with long drives or stroller rides so being prepared to keep my little busy is key!
This On-The-Go Art Kit is JUST what I needed!
Now there is NO one way to do this, but here is how I put ours together!
- File Folder with handle
- Paper – some construction paper and some plain paper
- A flat pencil case – something like this one
- Laminator, paper pockets, or sleeve protectors (whichever is easier – they all serve the same purpose)
- Printer to print out traceable sheets
- Stickers – like these
- Wiki Stix
- Pencils (Colored and Regular)
- Wet Erase Markers
- Dry Erase Crayons – These have become a favorite!
- Eraser – (For the dry erase marker/crayons – use an old rag)
How to put it ALL together (It’s pretty simple)
- Print and laminate desired traceable worksheets. I placed ours on bright construction paper before laminating — totally optional! (If you do not have a laminator these paper pockets work great and so do sleeve protectors)
- Organize writing utensils into the pencil case.
- Tie two pieces of elastic around the file folder – this creates a “clipboard” and holds the paper they are using in place!
There you have it!
Honestly, it is SO simple. You can put anything inside like coloring pages or books, writing journals, wiki sticks — the possibilities are endless!
Who is going to give it a go?
I can’t wait to see what you all create and get some ideas for our next one!